Undoubtedly e-commerce is no new name for the prevailing/aspiring entrepreneurs and the buyers globally. Though it doesn’t need any special introduction, but its role today in shaping an economy is indeed creating benchmarks. It is expected that in the United States alone, the e-commerce market will reach around $434 Billion by end of the year 2017.
Innovation is coming
The phrase sounds more like the one from ‘Game of Thrones’, but I’m not going to make it a kinescope and will directly get to the facts.
It’s been the time that the mobile applications began taking over the planet and its beings. When we talk about e-commerce, though we have mobile friendly websites still in our brain, but the efficiency of native apps sits unquestioned. Mobile apps have adored the world with tremendous ease, security, and comfort.
Rise of e-commerce
E-commerce has evolved commendably with time. It has become a need of era, or rather let’s say that retailers/traders/companies need an online store. But the growth has brought in a massive change, and that’s shift from mobile-friendly website to successful native apps for e-commerce businesses.
Today the retail sector is racing to head the app world. While there are numerous prevailing participants, there’s still a good number of business houses trying to make that special space.
However, not all make it to the finish line, the way they could have if they would have focused on:
- Financial plan and term: You need to first know the reason behind having a native app for your eCommerce business. Ensure that you aren’t just doing it for the sake of doing it. You must also understand that your brick and mortar outlet might be gaining tremendous attention, but the same won’t necessarily be your native app user.
Having an app for e-commerce is a crucial decision, and need your attention in terms of money and future plans. You can try having your consumer survey and a deep analysis of your business before getting to the process of mobile app development.
- Platform & payment system: Once you have finalized, you need to choose your app’s platform. The two widely used platforms are iOS and Android; however, you need to first understand your target audience and the platform that can help you reach them better. With this, you also need to look at the amount of investment required in making, time consumption, and most important the features you want to include.
You can discuss these details with your app development team, as that might help you ascertain a profitable decision.
- Target: Ask yourself; where you wish to reach? What’s your target audience? What might they like? Etc. Once, you have replied to all these questions, you can well plan and execute the development of the native app for your e-commerce
Go through the market and study your competitors. Simultaneously, have a look at what is user experience for the prevailing market. Always remember, users are never satisfied, and they always wish to have something extra. Your responsibility here is to bridge the gap between better and best. Give them the e-commerce facilities that your prevailing competitors aren’t able to give. If you can hit the bull’s eye here, you are good to go with the app development for your e-commerce business.
- Syncing your and user requirement: So now that you have what you need from your e-commerce app, and what the users expect in the market, it’s time to sync these two. Avail yourself some peaceful minutes with a handy and pen, create notes, and analyze what can be the probable output to satisfy both, you and your app users.
It has been noticed that often entrepreneurs miss creating a synchronization between self-requirements and user needs. As the end result, they fail to make that special space amidst the numerous users who are looking for something that can fill the gap in the shopping
- User Experience: During the process of analysis, keep the user experience as your key. As I mentioned earlier in this blog that not necessary your physical store customers will be your app users, this is where you can attain them. Let your native mobile e-commerce application give them an experience which not only saves their time but makes buying a happy experience.
The major reason behind the growth of e-commerce industry is the ease it provides, and failure in the same turns to be a reason behind fall of other e-commerce apps in the market. A smooth app flow, a better design, hustle free experience, no extra/unnecessary details are some of the points that can help you create a better user experience.
- A Digital Envisioneer: So now that you have everything on paper at your end, you need a digital envisioneer to bring that physically through codes. The reason behind looking for a digital envisioneer is that this tech geek can help you create the future of e-commerce native apps today.
The bridge that you need to create, can only be created through deep analysis and future forecast. The surpass the disruption in the present market and to march ahead of the competitors, you need to have the futuristic vision of the e-commerce app world.
Building a native app for an e-commerce business is indeed an innovative and futuristic approach. But it needs a lot of attention, study, and research before being implemented. Since the very first move, you need to look a step ahead in order to reach your aim.