It is not a surprise that VPS is the most popular hosting solution for small and medium businesses. It is considered as a middle ground between shared and dedicated server hosting. VPS hosting provides control as the dedicated server does, but the price is quite affordable as that charged for the shared hosting.
Who Uses VPS Hosting?
VPS hosting is mostly utilized by small and medium industries. It helps to plan web traffic and carry out data-heavy websites. VPS guarantees active load times and nearly 100% website uptime, so it is used by businesses in very ambitious and competitive markets.
There are different hosting providers offering a flexible range of services. If you are still uncertain about what hosting to choose, you may search for DreamHost VPS review to find lots of feedback and information on the web.
VPS hosting is appropriate for growing companies because the service provides the advantages of a dedicated server with a low cost. VPS grants users the opportunity to modify the services to personal expectations and wishes, which means no overpaying for useless features.
Let us look into perks and drawbacks of the VPS hosting. We would like to start with the points, which users are often dissatisfied with.
Let’s start with the benefits you are going to face choosing the VPS hosting solution for your website.
- The main problem from a financial viewpoint is that VPS is a bit more costly than the shared one. At the same time, it costs less than the dedicated hosting.
- There are some difficulties you may face if the host does not process VPS accurately but if they do and you can afford the higher price, it is a good alternative.
- VPS hosting storage has the limitations. So, the user will be forced to buy added space or to look for some other alternatives, if he approaches the maximum VPS capacity.
- VPS hosting is not the best idea for businesses with unstable traffic because if the traffic accidentally fails, the user will still be obliged to pay for space, which was not really used.
It’s obvious that almost any choice may lead to certain consequences, thus be ready to face certain drawbacks if you decide to select this type of hosting.
The Perks Are Reflected in the Next Options
- The VPS hosting has a high level of privacy. That is why there are no other sites that can get an access to the user’s files and data.
- Root access allows the customer managing of VPS account – changing configurations, software installations and so on. These actions are easy to complete from the interface of the application panel.
- The most part of VPS hosting plans is able to be extended. The user can begin with the minimum amount of resources, which he actually needs. But then he can increase them according to his interests. The payment is not required for the excessive resources which the customer still have not grown into.
- When the system is reset during the launching of the application server, the VPS server does not affect others and can be restarted anytime.
- Customers have similar technical support as in shared hosting in most cases.
- VPS plan provides the possibility to backup the data. Whatever happens with a network, with the VPS the user can manually back up files and ensure their reestablishment anytime.
As we see, there are both perks and drawbacks when it comes to giving a preference to VPS hosting. However, there are many minds. You will not probably know if the VPS is good or bad for you until you try it. So, take the information above into the consideration and make a decision.